Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Multiplayer Tip of the Day

As I'm sure you all know, I believe multiplayer to be the only Magic format really worth playing (that and what used to be called Type 1- Legacy and Vintage). As I've said before it all comes down to how challenging the game is. I've built first turn win decks, and until the day when someone creates a format that eliminates these options, one on one outside of Standard isn't all that exciting. The guy with the 4 Force of Wills, or the Voltaic Key-Time Vault combo is probably going to win.

But in multiplayer, showing too much strength will get you teamed up against. Decks have to be better constructed to survive. That, and most of the first turn win/infinite combos run into problems facing multiple opponents. 4 Force of Wills? Worthless in a 5 or 6 player game. Thats what I love about multiplayer, the game becomes political. Politics are how you win, not good cards.

But I digress, my tip of the day: don't fight a two front war.

As I've noted before, picking off the weakest players usually isn't that bad of a strategy, that or teaming up against a stronger player. So what I'm saying is don't ever attack more then one player at a time. I know, the guy who's getting beat on will complain, but if you let him live, he'll build up his forces and attack you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment