Sunday, January 30, 2011

Emperor Game of the Day

This one was back in my college days.

My team was myself, Rith and an irregular, against a team of 3 irregulars, I played one of the generals.

Within the first couple of rounds I had a Hypnotic Specter and Pernicious Deed in play and had begun to hammer away at the general next to me. I thought our chances were great, especially since our Emperor was using the deck I built specifically to use as Emperor.

Suddenly, the one player in the game I can't see announces that they're about to win, then he uses Stream of Life on his Emperor for 4 or 5 life. We're puzzled, but move on, trash talking like crazy at the ridiculous prediction. I draw into a Spiritmonger and play it, knowing the general next to me will be finished in a round or two.

The crazy predictors turn rolls around again, and get this: he uses Channel for 18 or so mana, and Hurricanes for 22 damage. His general lives by just a couple life, and everyone else dies (except for me of course, as he was the one player I could not interact with in the game). Obviously my survival doesn't matter.

Channel Hurricane FTW. I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment