Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hearts of Darkness at Daily MTG

This article points out the greatest combo I think I have ever seen. Check out the article by clicking the link below. Hayden.

"Hello and welcome back to the Lab. Today I'm excited to dive into some juicy Mirrodin Besieged cards. It's a pastime I truly enjoy for all new sets. Someday when I'm rich and can fill my Olympic-sized swimming pool with Magic cards, I can actually literalize that statement. But it is a swimming pool, so they would all have to be Islands."



I have to give a sneak peak, here's the combo:

Anyway, the reason I'm riffing on praetors at all is because Praetor's Counsel left my jaw open and drooling ever since I read it in the Visual Spoiler. This spell can return your entire graveyard to your hand, an effect that seems preposterous until the maximum hand size rule kicks in at the end ... except Praetor's Council also offers unlimited hand size for the rest of the game. Fairly, it's quite expensive, but nothing a dedicated green deck can't handle.

Praetor's Counsel

However, while brainstorming for ideal combining cards with Praetor's Counsel, I came up with the idea of a mill deck, using spells to mill itself in preparation for a giant Praetor's Counsel. But that didn't work out as I'd hoped. So I went back to the drawing board and thought out of the box a bit.

Then I remembered Morality Shift.

A totally wonky card, Morality Shift straight up exchanges your library and your graveyard. Useful on various levels, it gains another dimension when you follow it up with Praetor's Counsel. After the dust settles, you'll have basically picked up your library and put it entirely in your hand.

Morality Shift
 
This is a sick combo. I actually am surprised I didn't think of it....Praetor's Council was one of the cards from Mirrodin Besieged I figured was broken, and could be broken further. This combo is the kind of thing I would put into a mutliplayer deck, which would allow for more use of the combo, and a greater likelyhood of actually pulling it out. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment