Thursday, February 17, 2011

Worst Decks ever Update

Worst Deck Ever Hall of Fame Update

I think that periodically, I'm going to talk about some of the worst decks I've ever built.

Today I have three examples.

The First, a Red/Blue version of my Varchild's War-Riders deck. I talked about this in my last post and I don't think it needs to be revisited. It was a horrible attempt at a deck that went 0-3 in its brief lifetime, two of those losses being in multiplayer.

The next two are Atog based decks.

The first is the Foratog deck.

  

The deck initially hinged on the Foratog alone, usually paired with the second card. If you have not realized yet, both the Red/Blue deck I mentioned first, and this deck came into being around the Mirage era.

Anyway, the Foratog deck had only one combo. Attack, sacrifice all forests, but float 4 mana, then play Natural Balance. I guess it wasn't the worst combo ever, since it usually got me 5 forests and forced everyone else to ditch some lands. But that was it, that was all the deck could do. Later I added one more combo:



The deck was crappy, but I actually played it for a long time. As I recall, the deck actually went 2-2 in head to head games, but 0-5 in multiplayer. One last thing though, the deck was part of one of a legendary moment in my magic career, which occured during a 5 player game. I had used my Foratog combo and consequently, had no lands. The next turn, one of the other players cast Balance. At first, everyone though that we'd just lose all our lands. In actuality, I had no lands, another player had no cards in his hand, and yet another player had no creatures! Luckily, one of the players realized this and counterspelled the balance.

The third and final Worst Deck Ever that I for some reason built, was the All Atog Deck. I honestly do not remember why I built that deck, which centered around the use of several different atogs, including the Legendary Atogatog.

  

  

  

  

The deck made use of artifact lands, draw and discard spells, and standing enchantments, like Seal of Doom. As you can guess, this deck was a miserable failure. The All Atog deck was spawned by the Foratog deck, that and the purchase of the Atogatog for $1. This deck never won a game, finishing 0-4, with all the losses being in mutliplayer. Initially, the only reason I took the deck apart was to use the artifact lands elsewhere. Later of course I had a what was I thinking moment, fortunately for me, the deck was already gone.

Those are the first three decks in my Worst Decks Ever Hall of Fame. There will be many more to come! Hopefully this will be a laugh....cheers, Hayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment